Final Semester Evaluation

Wellness Blog Post:  Summary about this post it that I talk about the intellectual wellness an how people should be comfortable to get out of their comfort zone,  and to open up to new ideas and not follow everyone be different from the rest.  and how I tried to open up to new ideas.

Image result for intellectual wellness pictures

Intellectual wellness to me is to be open to new ideas. A lot of people don’t like getting out of their comfort zones yeah it can be very nerve wracking to do something that you’re not comfortable doing. I don’t like to do presentations because I start stuttering and that’s really embarrassing, but ever since I joined the PLA program and doing projects and presenting them in class they have really helped me a lot. Intellectual wellness is not just about opening to new ideas, there’s other categories as well like, becoming a critical thinker, becoming aware of who you are and what you value etc.  By improving on this you’re changing yourself to be different from others as well.

If I was never opened to new ideas I will probably have a different career choice set for my future. The car scene never caught my attention, I always thought a car was just for you to get to point A to point B, it pretty much is but then I went to my very first car meet and it opened my eyes. Everyone shared one thing and it was respecting each other. Yeah at time people don’t get along and that’s when your car comes in and you settle it at the drag strip and push your car to the limits. When you go to the local car meets you’re going to see the same cars and that’s when you realize you don’t go for the cars you go for the people, those people become family and they help you on how you can make your build better. Being open minded in the car community is good because they will give you ideas that you never thought of doing and it can be very beneficial. This is why I want to be an Auto Performance Tuning Specialist after I graduate at Vista High School.

You can develop your intellectual wellness so you don’t need to worry about not being strong in this area. Something that would help me improve my intellectual wellness would be to study in a quiet environment that will not distract me. This can help me more in school because I procrastinate a lot. I really recommend to be more open to new ideas because it can really change something in your life for the better.

Wellness Blog Post II:   So In  this post I discuss how everyone has to deal with this wellness because we just have to it’s normal to be emotional and how it benefits us in the work field because we can’t let emotion get to you and make some choice you didn’t want to and that can ruin relationships when you’re in the work field.

Image result for emotional wellness pictures

Emotional Wellness, something most of us seniors are learning to do. Having a positive attitude in and out of school can really benefit us. But emotional wellness is not only about being “happy” there can be more to it as well. “Being emotionally well is more than just handling stress. It also involves being attentive to your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, whether positive or negative”

Let’s say you have a job, having a good attitude at work is a must because you want the customers to feel welcomed and that would make them come back even more because they employees are being helpful etc. If your boss sees this you never know you might get a raise and get a promotion. This will make yourself feel better because you’re getting paid a little bit more and you got promoted to a new position.

Not everyone’s perfect but we can all work on our emotional wellness, In school I’m not really open as much because I guess i’m not as comfortable when i’m out with friends. Once in awhile I try to “express” myself in school and this has sort of helped me not be as nervous when i’m presenting in class or talking to people I don’t really know.  Something that can help people improve is to always have a positive attitude and to ignore all the negative stuff people have to say.      

Blog Post of My Choice : I just talk about what i want to do after I graduate and how I don’t have the support of close ones but I want to follow my dream and making someone go to college doesn’t mean you will always be successful, It’s the riskiest

Well a lot of people choose the path of going off to  college and graduating and having their own career,  well I don’t think that’s a path for me.  It’s a risky thing to do because the moment you graduate it’s either you start working or go off to college or both but that would just stress anyone out.  My parents don’t support any of this but they can’t force me to be a lawyer a doctor etc..

Well if you know me, you already know I have a passion for cars  and making them go fast. Right off the bat people think I street race day and night because of my snap chat stories but  we’re actually at Race Legal drag strip at Qualcomm. 

My plans are very simple honestly,  first I want to have my 2007 Subaru STI car build and have a Nissan S13 drift build and hopefully get sponsors, then get back on Youtube and do edits and vlog and show the world the lifestyle of a guy who is basically surrounded by car builds and showing installation videos etc… Finally, having my own clothing line it’s something I really didn’t think of doing until this year. When I go shopping there’s just some ugly designs and there’s not a lot of shirts I like,  and I rarely see a shirt or a windbreaker that has to do with a car or anything and the car community is freaking huge so why not make them my target audience. No offense but people who do make shirts aren’t really creative with it, like go out with your camera and shoot some pics for your shirts don’t be lazy and create a simple logo on your computer, there’s people out there with great designs but are very under rated but they have to be patient.  

Keep in mind, people will say you will fail and not succeed, and that the only way to succeed is by going to school.  Don’t let anyone bring you down,  just do your thing. Stop saying “One day i’ll do this, One day i’ll own this house etc, and stop calling it a dream and make it your plan. The whole point of this vlog is just for those who are being pressured to do something in life or wanting to do the things you’ve always dreamed of doing. Just follow your dreams because you just never know it might just happen.

dont-call-it-a-dreamDon’t call it a dream, call it a plan – Unknown

Business Project:

Reflection: So in one of our PLA classes we were asked to come up with 20 community problems, so we did and originally we went with teen pregnancy. I wasn’t really excited about it so I left and did something I’m passionate about. I chose cars, something wrong with the car scene is that we don’t have anywhere to race, so we take it to the streets where we can put innocent lives on the line, we always get kicked out from parking lots when we have car meets as well.

Business Plan: Our business is creating Street Racing Rental facility. We chose this because many people enjoy street racing but can’t participate because it is not permitted. Our business will consist of a facility where races or car meets can be held without any police being called.  

Therefore our business will fulfill this in a legal way. Our facility will give customers the option to rent the place or to join events hosted there by other members of the car community.

Advertisement: So I created this commercial out of these clips. 

about the car scene and why people race. I liked this part of the project because I got really creative with with voice-overs and editing.  

Elevator Pitch:   “Illegal street racing, the real world of fast and furious, where rivals crews take it to the street and put their driving skills & cars to the test . Every year numerous of innocent people are killed due to racing, Street Racers are either getting locked up behind bars and getting their cars impounded.”

Discussion Post: 

The article “Should Voting Be Mandatory?” shows both sides and explains if Americans should or shouldn’t vote in elections. I believe people in the United States Should exercise their right to vote, but I feel like they shouldn’t be force to vote. For example the government thinks if they have mandatory voting like mexico, Singapore, and Thailand etc, that it would make our system more democratic. I disagree with that, what if there’s candidates that you don’t like at all? Like this years election is pretty much a joke, and a lot of people don’t want any of them to win the presidential election. If they’re was actually serious candidates that are really competitive and can actually do something for our country instead of just talking about it, more citizens will vote because they want a change that will help our country out. Another reason why it shouldn’t be mandatory is because “Americans take their freedom very serious and the idea of requiring them to do something, especially something as important and personal voting, runs deeply against the grain of our political culture.” This will just tick off a lot of people and they will feel like they are getting their freedom taken away and it can really spark something bad. If their was actually good candidates that are running, a lot of people will come out and vote like Bernie sanders would of been a great president and if he was running against Trump a lot of people would of came out of their homes and voted for Bernie. It will be better if there’s more strict rules and qualifications in order to run for president because there’s a lot of scandals with the both of candidates that include fraud and confidential information. Image result for voting usa

Cop Discrimination Can Go Both Ways:  

Cops, the people who protect us and risk their lives for U.S citizens, the ones who took an oath to protect our constitutional rights.  A lot of people discriminate against cops, they call them names for example “pigs”. Then there’s the stereotype that they eat doughnuts. I’m going to admit it I have had bad encounters with cops, and do see them as bad people but just because you’ve had bad encounter with an officer doesn’t mean they are all the same.  “They may hate us and think bad of us, but we will still always show up whenever they need help” (Engle).  People hate cops are hypocrites because they talk all bad about them and next thing you know they are calling the cops when they are in trouble.

Cops can take advantage as well, some people don’t know they’re rights and that’s when cops take advantage and do whatever they want and write them a ticket or put them in jail for something they didn’t do. I know this because this happened to someone I know.  Corrupt cops don’t care for our rights at all. What they usually do is verbally abuse you or say racial slurs to you. As you have seen in the past couple of months cops have been shooting unarmed men and teens, some of these cops need to be let go from their job, cops need to be trained for longer months and be taught  to deescalate the situation when things start to get heated. They have tasers as option but they go for the gun and the excuse they use is “I thought it was the taser.”  Cops are losing their reputation to a lot of citizens and that’s why there’s protest and chaos on the streets.

Not all cops are bad, most of the cops are friendly and admirable people and I thank them for protecting us. 

Journey to Topaz 5 entry’s:  Journey to Topaz was a book I read  in my English class

Chapter 1: Strangers at the Door, pages 1-9.  

We heard about the attack on pearl harbor, mom thought it was only drama and the attack was not real at all. Father thought it was a mistake as well. They thought the Japanese wouldn’t do this to the United states. Then the doorbell rang and i rushed to it and it was to men in uniform they asked for my father. They spoke with him and father had to go with them and answer a few questions before they left, they searched the house. Then the FBI acted like they lived here answering all the phone calls.  

Chapter 10: Goodbye, Tanforan, pages 83-91 I hated to see that we are moving again and leaving somewhere where i just started getting used to, Ken had to take out all the furniture and make it into crates.  Since it’s almost time to leave to Utah mom started waking up early in the morning so she can get a tub and do her laundry.  I questioned mom why everyone had to wash like everyone just for Utah? Then she told me she has to wash whatever she can because Utah might not even have hot water.  Then I got the news that pepper has passed away i’m devastated and depressed but he’s in a better place now.
Chapter 11:  A Home in the Desert, pages 93-102  I’ve been having the worst trip to Utah the last two nights have been the worse everyone is crammed and you are basically stiff the whole time, then we had a moment of relief because we were able to get down and stretch in the Nevada desert, just to get off and stretch we were still being guarded by armed army forces, I don’t think anyone with the right mind would try to escape in the desert. On the way to Utah emi started to get very sick and it is worrying me a little.

Mother hopefully topaz was not a  bad place but once we arrived it wasn’t great at all. We heard about these dust storms I was scared a little and hopefully I won’t witness one.   

5111eag-k1l-_sy344_bo1204203200_

Chapter 9: A New Rumor, pages 75-82

We were woken up at 6:30 in the morning they came pounding at the door and did a headcount of everyone in camp to see if anyone escaped but i thought in my head who would survive out there with that Japanese face. Later I heard a rumor that we would be relocated to another camp.  Then I heard two high school girls saying that we would move in September either to Utah or Idaho. I’m worried because that means we will not be going home soon, and what if everyone gets separated etc.

Chapter 16 Another Goodbye, pages 131-137  The Army of the United states has come to topaz and they need recruits a lot of people have mixed feeling about this the Japanese men don’t want to join because they have been imprisoned and others want to getaway from topaz and just enlist my older brother has been thinking enlisting, And he he does decide to enlist and that means that’s another goodbye.

First Semester:

• What did you like/not like?

Something that I liked was that this year in the PLA program we brought in more guest speakers, I found this really cool because all the speakers that came here had to do with what we are learning in class, something that I didn’t like was that at the very last stretch of this semester I fore some just stop on doing my assignments, when I was doing really good.

• In what ways did you grow? I feel like I grew mentally because now I’m open to more ideas but an area I need to improve on is being lazy because I have most of my assignments done but I don’t turn it in because I don’t feel like it’s good.
  • What insights did you gain?  About yourself or others or our community…

I feel like the whole PLA understands each other more than the kids taking the normal classes and we collaborate and having the help of my peers we do way better on projects and school work.